Advertising
Showing 1 to 15 of 311 entries
PAST TOP PICK
(A Top Pick Dec 29/20, Up 76%) Believed entire sector was cheap and Roger's purchase of business was a bonus. Good dividend yield and grow opportunities for the sector.
Cable
DON'T BUY
Allan Tong’s Discover Picks Shaw doesn’t suffer the same corporate soap opera, but it’s still part of the drama because of this deal. I know, I know, I wrote about Shaw and Rogers recently, but things keep changing fast. If I want drama, I’ll watch The Squid Game or Maid on Netflix.
Cable
PAST TOP PICK
(A Top Pick Dec 29/20, Up 71%) He bought if for the fundamentals. He sold, and shifted the money into Rogers. He's not a risk taker.
Cable
SELL
Allan Tong’s Discover Picks Since March 15, Shaw has gained 5.1%, lagging Telus at 6.5% and BCE at 13%. (Rogers is -2.2%.) There's little catalyst to increase the share price, so the question becomes whether to hold on or sell now. The downturn this month may offer a buying opportunity, but we're talking a quick trade. Shaw's fate is now tied to the soap opera at Rogers and hurting shares. Further, there's a risk that Ottawa will not approve the merger, though the street is confident it will happen. If the deal collapses, SJR.B stocks could tank. Are you willing to take that risk, or will you be cautious and sell? Read The Battle for Rogers and 4 Other Telecom Stocks to Consider for our full analysis.
Cable
PAST TOP PICK
(A Top Pick Dec 29/20, Up 69%) It was a bonus that RCI.B-T decided to buy them out.
Cable
DON'T BUY
RCI.B-T vs. SJR.B-T. He is not buying either right now. He owns Bell and Telus. There is deal risk in the merger between Rogers and Shaw. You might want to take the money and run if you hold Shaw. Both are fairly priced.
Cable
TOP PICK
Believes the deal with Rogers will close. Election could upset the apple cart, but polls don't expect a change in government. Even if there is, huge precedent for the deal to close. Good risk/reward right now, in a market where there's a lot of risk. Good place to park some cash while we wait for the deal. Yield is 3.21%. (Analysts’ price target is $39.18)
Cable
PAST TOP PICK

(A Top Pick Sep 03/20, Up 52%) Likes telecom in general. He sold out into the Rogers bid. If the deal doesn't go through, downside might be 30% or more.

Cable
PARTIAL SELL
High likelihood of the deal going through. If the deal doesn't go through, would have fairly significant downside. One strategy might be to sell a partial position, and put in another telco. Canadian telcos are steady businesses, modest growth, nice dividends.
Cable
TOP PICK

The take out price is $40.50. Thinks that risk-reward it is pretty favourable. 6-9 months to closing with a double digits return opportunity. Good odds of the deal going through. Precedent transactions with BCE taking over Manitoba Telecom and others in the states. Rogers is willing to divest wireless division. Even if the deal falls appart, the downside should not be too bad, especially with the dividend. (Analysts’ price target is $39.08)

Cable
SELL

The Rogers/Shaw deal will most likely go through. It is already reflected in the share price. You could wait for the deal to close or just sell it now as there is not much more upside.

Cable
PAST TOP PICK

(A Top Pick Jul 13/20, Up 59%) The takeover bid by Rogers helped them. Liked the low valuation, dividend and the sector. Did sell around these prices. Prefers to lock in profits in case something goes wrong with the deal.

Cable
PARTIAL SELL

It's a long-term investment. Rogers wants to take it over, and the shares integrated quickly. They haven't re-rated to the Rogers takeover price. So, this is a way to discount the regulator risk for the deal going through. Let's say there's a 50/50 chance, because regulators may not approve the deal due to concentration of ownership. If the deal doesn't happen, Shaw shares will get hit hard. Best to take profits now and don't wait for the exact Rogers' price. Then, wait to see if the deal goes through; if it doesn't, you can buy back those shares.

Cable
BUY
The takeover pleasantly surprised him, but the shares don't reflect the Bell offer (which is pending approval). The business combination makes a lot of sense. Concessions made need to be made to get federal approval, but not a worry. The Bell offer is around $40, so there's a lot of upside if the deal passes. Definitely hang on, because he expects the deal to pass.
Cable
SELL
Risk in every deal that it doesn't go through. Regulators will have a field day, especially if they make you sell the crown jewels to satisfy conditions. Don't try to be a hero. Take your money and run. Better opportunities elsewhere.
Cable
Showing 1 to 15 of 311 entries

Shaw Communication (B)(SJR.B-T) Rating

Ranking : 4 out of 5

Bullish - Buy Signals / Votes : 7

Neutral - Hold Signals / Votes : 0

Bearish - Sell Signals / Votes : 9

Total Signals / Votes : 16

Stockchase rating for Shaw Communication (B) is calculated according to the stock experts' signals. A high score means experts mostly recommend to buy the stock while a low score means experts mostly recommend to sell the stock.

Shaw Communication (B)(SJR.B-T) Frequently Asked Questions

What is Shaw Communication (B) stock symbol?

Shaw Communication (B) is a Canadian stock, trading under the symbol SJR.B-T on the Toronto Stock Exchange (SJR.B-CT). It is usually referred to as TSX:SJR.B or SJR.B-T

Is Shaw Communication (B) a buy or a sell?

In the last year, 16 stock analysts published opinions about SJR.B-T. 7 analysts recommended to BUY the stock. 9 analysts recommended to SELL the stock. The latest stock analyst recommendation is . Read the latest stock experts' ratings for Shaw Communication (B).

Is Shaw Communication (B) a good investment or a top pick?

Shaw Communication (B) was recommended as a Top Pick by on . Read the latest stock experts ratings for Shaw Communication (B).

Why is Shaw Communication (B) stock dropping?

Earnings reports or recent company news can cause the stock price to drop. Read stock experts’ recommendations for help on deciding if you should buy, sell or hold the stock.

Is Shaw Communication (B) worth watching?

16 stock analysts on Stockchase covered Shaw Communication (B) In the last year. It is a trending stock that is worth watching.

What is Shaw Communication (B) stock price?

On 2022-01-19, Shaw Communication (B) (SJR.B-T) stock closed at a price of $37.61.