I am Simon (I really look like the guy on the right)
I chase stocks with my fellow chasers : Martin, Cody, Jovanni, Henrik, Billy and Melisa in the daily development and publishing team. That’s not all, we also have Dave, Allan, Mike, Martin W., Catherine and Doug in the editing and opinion summaries team. One hell of a team! 🔥
6+6 working to bring you Stockchase daily
We’re the Stock Chasers! Obviously, we chase for growth stocks. We’re also the team working on Wealthica, the app that’s known as the Personal Capital for Canadians that allows you to see all your investments in one place.
I have been building web projects for more than 20 years. I worked at iWeb, a Canadian Internet infrastructure company, for more than 15 years until it was acquired by Internap. I decided to pivot into Fintech after Amazon took over the Internet infrastructure world.
Unfortunately, I did not buy Amazon‘s stock a decade ago.
Stockchase and Wealthica
Out of the dream of helping growth investors win in the market and make simple consolidated investment reports a reality, Wealthica was born. We later acquired Stockchase and we’ve seen it as a way to let Canadian investors know about our powerful Investment Consolidation fintech app.
Some random facts about me and the Stock Chasers
Here’s a weird collection of Stock Chaser facts…
- Martin and I are from Montreal but the others are from all over the world
- Running this site is currently not profitable, revenues-costs is negative
- With your help (buying our offers), we intend to make this site profitable
- We usually end the week with a friday afternoon beer
- Henrik’s favorite beers is Belgian-Style Tripels
- Martin holds the record for most institutions in a single Wealthica account: 13
- All the Stockchase editors are long-time Stockchase users
- Martin and I love Sonos and we bought stocks around $10
- I’m into Android and Google stuff
- Martin is a die-hard Apple fan
- Martin holds Apple stocks
- I hold Google/Alphabet stocks
- We acquired Stockchase with the money from capital gains of stocks we bought on weakness
- Even if he’s a die-hard Apple fan, Martin uses mostly Spotify not Apple Music
- Even if he’s a die-hard Apple fan, Martin uses multiple Sonos speakers, no Home Pod yet
- We love music
- The Stockchase site codebase was an incredibly big mess
- The Stockchase site codebase is getting better
- The Stockchase site codebase is being rewritten in Node.js
- We missed buying a bunch of tech stocks in their early days
- We’ll keep adding facts here from time to time
Thank you to…
To you. Thank you for reading this. The number of readers, the nice comments and the online mentions are motivations for us to keep up with the hard work involved in bringing you Stockchase and Wealthica.
If you want to stay in touch, you can sign up to Stockchase and join our newsletter, contact me anytime and here’s our Twitter. Ask anything! Who know, maybe one of your questions will end up in our weird collection of facts. Thanks again!