0.00
0.00 (0.00%)
This company is not ACTIVE.

Analysis and Opinions about DD-N

Signal
Opinion
Expert
BUY
BUY
November 9, 2010
Likes the outlook; good dividend and global exposure.
Show full opinionHide full opinion
DuPont (DD-N)
November 9, 2010
Likes the outlook; good dividend and global exposure.
TOP PICK
TOP PICK
August 19, 2010
If you want a conglomerate that covers a global recovery in everything, technology, food, etc. it has to be this company. Great chart with a linear uptrend and working its way higher.
Show full opinionHide full opinion
DuPont (DD-N)
August 19, 2010
If you want a conglomerate that covers a global recovery in everything, technology, food, etc. it has to be this company. Great chart with a linear uptrend and working its way higher.
BUY
BUY
February 17, 2010
On his buy list. Going to buy slightly below where it is now. Great track record getting patents and turning a high percentage into products. Very positive outlook. Dividend policy was wishy-washy but feels the dividend will increase.
Show full opinionHide full opinion
DuPont (DD-N)
February 17, 2010
On his buy list. Going to buy slightly below where it is now. Great track record getting patents and turning a high percentage into products. Very positive outlook. Dividend policy was wishy-washy but feels the dividend will increase.
BUY
BUY
February 4, 2010
Likes the materials sector.
Show full opinionHide full opinion
DuPont (DD-N)
February 4, 2010
Likes the materials sector.
Stan Wong

Unlock Ratings

Price
$32.520
Owned
Unknown
DON'T BUY
DON'T BUY
April 9, 2009
Chemical company. Had a nice run from its lows in the last few months. A little bit too diversified and has a lot of exposure to the plastics. Likes the chemical sector because a lot of their expenses come from natural gas, which is very cheap now. Prefers FMC (FMC-N), a lithium producer. Lithium is going to be very important going forward because of hybrid cars.
Show full opinionHide full opinion
DuPont (DD-N)
April 9, 2009
Chemical company. Had a nice run from its lows in the last few months. A little bit too diversified and has a lot of exposure to the plastics. Likes the chemical sector because a lot of their expenses come from natural gas, which is very cheap now. Prefers FMC (FMC-N), a lithium producer. Lithium is going to be very important going forward because of hybrid cars.
PAST TOP PICK
PAST TOP PICK
January 20, 2009
(A Top Pick Jan 11/08. Down 43.3%.) Sold his holdings. If you own, continue to Hold. 6.8% yield.
Show full opinionHide full opinion
DuPont (DD-N)
January 20, 2009
(A Top Pick Jan 11/08. Down 43.3%.) Sold his holdings. If you own, continue to Hold. 6.8% yield.
DON'T BUY
DON'T BUY
November 21, 2008
Major bulk polymer producers have had their prices falling drastically and as well, deflation is happening in terms of commodity prices. They don't have the pricing power to increase margins. This could result in a lower dividend.
Show full opinionHide full opinion
DuPont (DD-N)
November 21, 2008
Major bulk polymer producers have had their prices falling drastically and as well, deflation is happening in terms of commodity prices. They don't have the pricing power to increase margins. This could result in a lower dividend.
PAST TOP PICK
PAST TOP PICK
November 12, 2008
(A Top Pick Nov 6/07. Down 40%.) 25% of its business is in agriculture. The other 75% was having great difficulties. Agricultural boom is not over.
Show full opinionHide full opinion
DuPont (DD-N)
November 12, 2008
(A Top Pick Nov 6/07. Down 40%.) 25% of its business is in agriculture. The other 75% was having great difficulties. Agricultural boom is not over.
TOP PICK
TOP PICK
July 29, 2008
Chemical conglomerate. Likes their position in agriculture. Sales were up 23% year over year. First half earnings were up over 20%. Trades at 12X earnings with a dividend yield of almost 4%.
Show full opinionHide full opinion
DuPont (DD-N)
July 29, 2008
Chemical conglomerate. Likes their position in agriculture. Sales were up 23% year over year. First half earnings were up over 20%. Trades at 12X earnings with a dividend yield of almost 4%.
BUY WEAKNESS
BUY WEAKNESS
July 28, 2008
Great pullback early July. Anywhere around the $40 level is good. A lot of their earnings come from outside of North America. Make a lot of their chemicals out of petroleum so it is very easy for them to get hit on the wrong side of oil.
Show full opinionHide full opinion
DuPont (DD-N)
July 28, 2008
Great pullback early July. Anywhere around the $40 level is good. A lot of their earnings come from outside of North America. Make a lot of their chemicals out of petroleum so it is very easy for them to get hit on the wrong side of oil.
PAST TOP PICK
PAST TOP PICK
July 16, 2008
(A Top Pick July 19/07. Down 20%.) 2 parts of this company. He was interested in the seed and pesticides divisions, which are about 26% of the company's business. The other 74% is what is hurting. P/E ratio is quite low, ROE is still excellent and has a 3.5% dividend. Would still be a Buy subject to your views of the market.
Show full opinionHide full opinion
DuPont (DD-N)
July 16, 2008
(A Top Pick July 19/07. Down 20%.) 2 parts of this company. He was interested in the seed and pesticides divisions, which are about 26% of the company's business. The other 74% is what is hurting. P/E ratio is quite low, ROE is still excellent and has a 3.5% dividend. Would still be a Buy subject to your views of the market.
PAST TOP PICK
PAST TOP PICK
June 4, 2008
(A Top Pick June 4/07. Down 9%.) Has been a disappointment. Likes its 25% exposure to the agriculture field, both in pesticides and seeds. 2 other areas of this company are being hit by the US slowdown. Would still be a Buyer.
Show full opinionHide full opinion
DuPont (DD-N)
June 4, 2008
(A Top Pick June 4/07. Down 9%.) Has been a disappointment. Likes its 25% exposure to the agriculture field, both in pesticides and seeds. 2 other areas of this company are being hit by the US slowdown. Would still be a Buyer.
PAST TOP PICK
PAST TOP PICK
May 1, 2008
(A Top Pick May 16/07. Down 4%.) Agriculture is about 25% of their sales and has been ramping up 15%+ a year in earnings growth. Their other businesses are lagging. In an economic recovery, technical/research expertise will pick up earnings for the rest of the company. Still a Buy.
Show full opinionHide full opinion
DuPont (DD-N)
May 1, 2008
(A Top Pick May 16/07. Down 4%.) Agriculture is about 25% of their sales and has been ramping up 15%+ a year in earnings growth. Their other businesses are lagging. In an economic recovery, technical/research expertise will pick up earnings for the rest of the company. Still a Buy.
TOP PICK
TOP PICK
April 17, 2008
Cautious on the market so his 3 top picks are deep value. Main attraction is that it is an applied technology company, great research, 1000 new products every year and will benefit from agriculture. Making very good money in the emerging markets. Forecasting good growth.
Show full opinionHide full opinion
DuPont (DD-N)
April 17, 2008
Cautious on the market so his 3 top picks are deep value. Main attraction is that it is an applied technology company, great research, 1000 new products every year and will benefit from agriculture. Making very good money in the emerging markets. Forecasting good growth.
DON'T BUY
DON'T BUY
April 15, 2008
A bellwether stock on the global economy to a large extent and from that point of view, he is not sure he would be jumping into this one right at the moment. It will be squeezed on the cost side and there inability to pass those increases on because of the slowing economy.
Show full opinionHide full opinion
DuPont (DD-N)
April 15, 2008
A bellwether stock on the global economy to a large extent and from that point of view, he is not sure he would be jumping into this one right at the moment. It will be squeezed on the cost side and there inability to pass those increases on because of the slowing economy.
Showing 61 to 75 of 103 entries